As I mentioned in an earlier post, I want to make sure this Summer doesn’t go to waste even though I don’t have big travel plans. I figure that right now is the perfect opportunity to explore my ‘backyard’. Travelling in Ireland is a tad tricky without a driving license but I’m okay with it as there are so many places in Dublin that I’ve been meaning to check out for the longest time. I also want to go deeper in Wicklow, the neighbouring county nicknamed ‘the garden of Ireland’. It is very accessible from here.
Lastly, I’ve set my mind on making my dream to visit the Burren Pefumery happen. Its location is quite remote in county Clare and as far as I can see, no transport goes anywhere near it. I’m not sure how I will go about it, I might spend a couple of days in a nearby town and… well, I’ll work something out! In the meantime, here’s the list of my 10 resolutions for this Summer!
• Go on hikes around Dublin. The Killiney Hill and the Bray-to-Greystones walks are some of the best things I’ve done in Dublin. I really want to do more! I’ve got my eyes on the Howth cliff walk, the Hellfire Club and Bray Head. Are there any other great ones I’m missing?
• Taste Murphy’s ice-cream (Dublin)
• Visit Drimnagh Castle (Dublin)
• Photograph the roses in Saint Anne’s Park (Dublin)
• Go back to Killruddery to do a tour of the house (co. Wicklow)
• Wander in Mount Usher Gardens (co. Wicklow)
• Stand in a lavender field again, this time at the Lavender Harvest Festival in Kilmacanogue (co. Wicklow)
• See the mills in Skerries (Dublin)
• Visit the Burren Perfumery (co. Clare)
• Get lost in Russborough’s maze (co. Wicklow)
I will report back in September and tell you what I managed to cross off that list. What are your plans for this Summer? I would love to hear about your own checklists!